Flashback: Old House Tour

Now and Then.

I don't have a full set of updated, proper house photos from our new townhouse, but after scrolling through my iPhoto I got a little reminiscent and thought it would be fun to post pictures of our last home. It was our first home as a married couple, and the first place I ever lived since moving out of my parents that really felt like home. And somewhere out there, someone was looking down on us, because I couldn't have dreamed up a better place to start our lives. It was a 1000 square foot 1 bedroom basement suite. Sounds pretty lame, hey? Well, this is what we gazed upon every day.



Ok, sure, it's not the beach. But where we live, this is an awesome view to have. Anything other than the back of another house is an awesome view in my books anyways. To go along with the rolling hills and valley views, we also had a massive 1500ish square foot stone patio right outside our front door. It was spectacular for entertaining. And for cuddling up with a glass of wine to watch the sunset.



Ok, enough of outside. Come on through and take a peek.  These glass french doors lead directly to our dining room. To the right was our kitchen, to the left our living room, and behind that our bedroom and bathroom.


Did I mention this basement suite was above ground? And practically loaded with massive windows. It was so bright and airy, and felt nothing like a basement. (Excuse the random piece of cardboard I was using to spray paint things on).

And from the other side looking out the french doors.

Cringe: My paper mache canvas art, and the faux orchids. Oh dear
Love: My white parsons chairs that I've since sold, and my DIY chandy.

And for the dining room in relation to the kitchen.



And the living room with our old couches.



Cringe: That rug. Not there's anything inherently wrong with it, I just got so sick of it. It crinkled up all the time and never lay flat. And I don't like the mocha colour.
Love: The pillows. They really were the first "pretty" pillows I ever purchased.


And the bathroom:

Nothing too exciting there. We didn't get to choose the paint colours, other wise those vanities would have been white and the walls would have been grey. But it was really nice to be renters with granite in the bathroom, and lots of storage, and his and hers sinks, and a MASSIVE bathroom with a separate closet for the toilet and tub/shower (which meant the  hubs could do his bidess while I did my makeup).

And the master (okay, only) bedroom:


Cringe: Ummm,  a lot. ot any one thing in particular, just how it's all put together.
Love: I did love my Edlund bed from Ikea. Had to ell it when we move because it cut off the windows we now have on either side of the bed. I also loved my Jonathan Adler Kensington bedding. It ended up being a bit too busy for me to want to look at it everyday, but it still holds a special place in my heart.

Anyways, thats pretty much it! Hope you enjoyed that lil tour, and if anyone else has done the same I'd love you to link up so I can check it out as well!

Comments

Popular Posts